Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 4, 2019 - Rose Park Zone, SLC, UT

Dear Madre, thanks so much for helping with all of my college stuff. I honestly appreciate that so much. I'm grateful to be able to spend every day out here focused on the work. So many amazing things have been happening.

First off, on Monday we got haircuts, and not only did the guy give us them free, but then after my companion helped him fix a wall (Elder Saltzman worked construction back home), he took us out to dinner. So that was a fun start to the week.

On Tuesday, we had plans to eat with a family that is planning to be sealed in the temple, at the Lion House Pantry near Temple Square. Long story short, it didn't happen, but while we were waiting, someone approached us. It was Elder Ulisses Soares of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was so cool to shake his hand, and talk for just a brief minute. He introduced us to his friend from France, and happily told us, "we had lunch in French!" It was super cool! I know he is one of the Lord's special witnesses, I could feel the Spirit of the Lord so powerful around him.

We then spent the next 48 hours on two separate exchanges. First, I want with Elder Slats into his area. We had tons of fun with some crazy people, plus it was super cold and rainy. But the best part was that we worked so hard, and tried to contact so many people. Their area has so much potential, and we are so excited for those elders. Then we went on exchanges with the assistants, and I got to stay in my area, with Elder Smith. It was really great to see how he has grown into an incredible servant of God. We had some good experiences tracting some places.

Friday was awesome with meetings, and then that night we went to Wendy’s for dinner and ended up teaching this guy the plan of salvation, and having a 50 minute conversation. The best part is that he is super open and a YSA, which is exactly what we are looking for! On Saturday, we did another short exchange with some elders for a baptism, and I got to find even more YSAs in some other elders areas, so it was very cool how it worked out.

I love serving the Lord so much, I am so happy! 
I love you so much Mom! 
Elder Adams 

P.s. Only this pictures right now, with the member on Friday. He was baptized a year and a half ago, and is debating serving a mission, so he went to some meetings of ours, and is super excited to serve now. Plus, we got to practice some new Facebook missionary work, with #socialmediasplits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment