Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 22, 2019 - Rose Park Zone, SLC, UT

Easter was incredible. It's one thing to spend Christmas testifying of the birth and life of the Savior, but it was a miracle to testify literally dozens of times that I know that Christ died for us, and rose from the grave, overcoming all things we will ever face in our life. I have had some powerful spiritual experiences this last week testifying of this truth, and many other truths I hold dear to my heart.

So here is a rundown of all that happened last week. Tuesday we had zone conference. I learned so much from the Spirit, and gained even more knowledge pertaining to specific things in my life! That night as we were coming in (already late because of a great lesson) we felt to stop by some elders apartment. Things were already bad when we got there, but had we shown up literally one minute later, things would have been very bad. As we did an exchange that night and worked with these elders, I had some of the most powerful spiritual experiences in my life. I know as certain as I know that I am alive, that Jesus Christ lives. As does God our Father. I learned this truth more powerfully that night in the same way I know that I am alive. The Savior Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. He suffered for the big things, such as death or losing a lost one, and other major heartbreak. But he also suffered for the smallest things we go through. No matter how unimportant something may seem to us, to Christ, he wants to help us overcome it. We are never wasting His time as we access the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Rather, the Savior went through all this pain and probably gets rather sad when we don't utilize this incredible gift from Him. 

Wednesday we had some great lessons, and again were able to teach of the Savior and His ability to heal and help. There are so many people in this world who want to be free of guilt, but don't know how to do this. That's where we all need to step up, and "mourn with those that mourn, yea and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" and then share with them where our peace comes from - Jesus Christ. 
Thursday we got to go to East High School, and help with the seminary classes! It was so cool, they had us pretend to be people being taught, and will real concerns, and the high schoolers taught us. It was a neat experience that helped me remember some basic doctrines and scriptures. 

Friday we did another exchange. The elder I was with and I spent multiple hours just waking streets and sharing a simple message of the Resurrection. We found so many new people to teach because hearts were more open to the Spirit this time of year. One guy tried to put on a tougher appearance, but as we talked, he shared that he has a garden, and grows "all the veggies" for a farmers market. It was a tender lesson. Saturday we had a good day of just hard work. We ended the day finding a new potential to teach. Sunday was beautiful. We got a "thunderstorm", and while it wasn't much, it was the best one so far on my mission, and I loved it. We enjoyed three sacrament meetings, singing all the awesome hymns, and then had three lunch/dinners. The first was ham and funeral potatoes, the second was chicken and waffles, and the third was lamb and cheesecake. So we were happily stuffed as we finished off the evening with a member contacting some people. It was a great week! I love to serve and am excited to make this week so memorable for Elder Saltzman! He is teaching me so much, and I love him! 

I love you all so much! Especially I love you Mom! I'll send pictures shortly! 
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment