Monday, October 23, 2017

October 23, 2017 - Murray, UT

Matumaini yote ni pia! (Hope all is well!)

Jinsi ni kila mtu kufanya? Wiki hii tumekuwa kushangaza!( How is everyone doing? This week has been amazing! In Swahili) Elder Fisher and I are learning a little bit of Swahili for fun. It is pretty good. I can kind of bear my testimony in Swahili. So anyways, it got pretty cold earlier this week, so of course we just worked harder so we could get warm. One day we knocked 100 doors straight, looking for someone we could teach about all that the Savior has blessed us with.

We had lots of opportunities to serve this week, which is awesome because I love to serve others. First, we replaced a dryer on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex. Had to carry a new one up, and an old one down. We helped a person moving clean out a storage container. Then we helped pushed this guys car that went dead in the middle of the road. Then we stopped randomly and trimmed some lady's bushes. We also stopped and helped some people rake some of their yard and have a lesson set up with that family now. So this was awesome because I love helping others. That is a big part of why I am out here. The message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help everyone so much in their lives!

Thursday we had member of the Seventy come and speak to us. His name is Elder Kevin Duncan. It was absolutely amazing! I learned so much, and learned how I can become a better missionary! It re-motivated me to work in more effective ways. Truly he spoke to us inspiring words!

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week. I love this book so much! I know it is the word of God! Kitabu cha Mormoni ni ya kweli! The Book of Mormon is true! I have since restarted, and plan on finishing it again by Christmas. I invite you all to join me in this challenge, I can promise that as you study the Book of Mormon each day, the Lord will bless you so much in every aspect of your daily life!

I was able to speak in a sacrament meeting again today. I spoke on prophets, and obeying the word of the Lord. I invite us all to more fully commit to be obedient to the Lord's commandments, as they will bring us protection and peace.

I love you all so much!
Until next week! Tutaonana baadaye!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment