Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 2, 2017 - Murray, UT

So this week has been really amazing! First off, last Monday I got the package you sent! It made me so happy to have, I love the clothes so much! And when I saw the food, I almost cried because it is some of my favorites that I haven't had in a long time. The granola is delicious, and everything is so good. I loved the card, thank you so much! I love you lots Madre!

Then, we had some incredible opportunities to just work as hard as we could, to try and invite all to come unto Christ. It is hard work, and we walk 15+ miles a day, but it is all so worth it. I love it so much.

Then the weekend rolled around, and things got crazy awesome! First, on Saturday we were blessed to go down to the conference center with a recent convert and his wife. They were so fun, and it was an incredible experience. As the large room slowly filled, and the apostles started to go to their seats, the Spirit was so strong. Then, when President Eyring and President Uchtdorf walked in the huge room just went absolutely silent. It was an extremely powerful meeting, and I loved every second of it. Then we worked the rest of the evening, and missed the priesthood session because we had missionary work to do. Last night we were getting ready for bed and as I was saying my prayers I felt a really strong prompting to text Bishop Tingey and ask him if he had any extra tickets for Sunday afternoon session. He had just told us that he was going to give the tickets away, and I almost talked myself out of texting him. But I popped up in the middle of my prayer, texted him, and then went back to my prayer. A couple of minutes later Bishop texted back and said that he had exactly one ticket left over. That was so cool, so we got it immediately, and then contacted J and L (she is getting baptized on Saturday) because they had 3 for that session. That was a great way to end the day.

So then Sunday came, and we put on the morning session at a church building for some investigators. J and L dropped us off at the Hatch's house for lunch. We had waffles. Then, it was down to the conference center for the 4 of us. The session was extremely memorable, for a variety of reasons. First off, the talks were all so poignant as to what we needed to hear. And MoTab was so amazing, I thought of you a lot Mom. The news of Elder Robert D Hales passing is sad, but I know it is all part of the Lord's plan for him and his family, and for the 12 apostles. Oh yea, at the Saturday afternoon session they did the sustaining of the general authorities, and it was so cool to be able to sustain them while I could see them all and feel their strong spirits and love.  Conference was absolutely amazing this weekend, I am so grateful for a living prophet and apostles who lead and guide this church under the direction of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So then we had dinner with a Tongan family. It was quite the experience. They had salmon and full crabs, and some potato thing. They also had mussel, squid, and full fish you eat whole. Those were actually really good. If you look at the picture, you can see its fins, tail, and head. I just ate it whole, bones and all. And the squid was not fun in my tummy, and the mussels weren't too bad. They also had garlic bread and juice to help with the taste. It was really quite fun. 

Then, we worked really hard and finished the week off well. It has been an incredible week to serve, I love it so much. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment