Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 25, 2017 -Murray, UT

I am doing very well! I love it out here more every day! So Elder Fisher is my new companion. Super crazy back story to that. On Saturday evening, Elder Jolly and I were informed, as is customary, of the upcoming transfer. We were told we would be staying together. That brought great joy! At about 4pm Monday, as I sat watching while Elder Jolly was working with a physical therapist, I received a phone call from President Hillier asking me if I would accept the calling to be a trainer. Of course I responded I would, but then expressed my concern that Elder Jolly and I were going to be together still. About 2 hours later, in between our salmon fest and a second dinner, Elder Jolly received confirmation that he would be transferred out. So this left us one night to pack, and we had lessons all evening. So we had to rush his packing, and then say some last minute goodbyes to 3 different families. Then we went to the mission office Tuesday, where Elder Jolly took off with his new companion, and after about 5 hours of meetings I got paired with Elder Fisher. He is from Medford, Oregon. I am training him. He is fresh out of the MTC, and an absolutely dedicated, hardworking, sharp elder. It has been awesome to work with him!

It has been cold and rainy, but the Lord has kept us safe and sound. We do get soaking wet a lot, but we dry quickly. I have found not one, but two very large winter coats, so I am doing well with that! We may still do a DI run in the next couple of weeks. The mountains are getting snow, but it will just go away next week.

The work is progressing greatly, we are working diligently to find more and more to teach!  A cool missionary experience is we had a lesson with our golden investigator. While we were teaching their daughter suddenly started crying, and testified about how ever since her dad started going back to church, she has been so happy. That was really powerful. 

I hope all is going well, love you all so much! 

Letter to little brother:
Elder Cody (in a few years),
I have been great. Sounds like you are having fun! Way to go, you are rocking the season! The races coming up are my favorite! You will do great! Way to get a medal,  that is so awesome! The mission has been the biggest blessing ever in my life. I feel so close to Our Older Brother Jesus Christ. I love Him so much, and I know He lives. I got to pass the sacrament in church today, and I thought about how you get the opportunity to do that too! I am so proud of all the good things you are doing in your life! Keep it up! I love you Co-co! 

Letter to little sister:
Dear Heidi,
I am having quite the most incredible time! That companion I am with in the dinner picture is my new companion. He is only 6 days out on his mission! We were not on exchanges, but I am so impressed you know what exchanges are! That is great that you fed the sister missionaries, I know that they are thankful for it! I love YOU very much. Keep being a good missionary too; being a friend is the best way to start! Love ya mucho!

Pictures: Elder Jolly and young friends, a Prep-day picture, and my new comp Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment