Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 4, 2017 - Murray, UT

This has been an absolutely incredible week. The last few weeks have been rather slow and unsuccessful, and really a tough time, but Elder Jolly and I continued to work hard, be obedient, and stay diligent. And wow! We have been richly blessed! This week, we started just being very bold with people, and inviting them to read from the Book of Mormon, go to church, and be baptized. We have 5 people scheduled to be baptized in the next 3 weeks, with many more to come. While I sometimes talk about baptism, I should clarify that I, or any missionary, am not out here to just baptize everybody we see, and that is it. No, baptism is simply a goal we help others come to by building their Faith in Jesus Christ and helping them commit and show they want to follow the Savior. It is so awesome to see people make those choices that bring so much joy and blessings into their lives.

Back to what I was saying about the good times after the hard times, I think that we can all learn from them. I would offer two pieces of advice, one a voice of hope, the other a caution and warning. Whenever we find ourselves at a low point in our lives, it is so important that we always remember that the bad times will end. We can have hope that God will help us, through His Son Jesus Christ. Unfortunately whenever things are going well we often become prideful. This leads us down an unhappy path, and we are low. But, we can always climb back up to the top with the help of Our Savior Jesus Christ.

Fun story this week, we were knocking on some doors in an apartment complex, and we met this guy who was an 84 year old member of the Church. He graciously offered to feed us anytime, and we actually had our dinner appointment that night canceled, so we went out with him. And oh boy was it a treat! He (Brother Wahlquist) took us up into Mill Creek Canyon, to eat at a restaurant named Log Haven. Look it up, it is expensive! Anyways, it is a beautiful drive in and out of the mountains, which is where those mountain pictures are from. My entree alone was $45 dollars. I got some elk. It was delicious. He also made us get a side, a salad, and a dessert. The total bill, with tips, was over $200! And we got valet parking. It was pretty awesome. This guy served a mission in Sweden, and has met 4 prophets, including our current prophet, President Monson, 3 times. It was a really neat experience that we had!

I am so grateful to be out here serving a mission, I have learned so much that will bless my life infinitely. I hope all is going well with everyone! I love to hear how things are going, feel free to email anytime! 
Hope all is well!
Elder Adams

Pictures: The water bottles got too big and messy so I cleaned them up. 
My track and the view (I run about a 15 miles a week)
Elder Jolly and Elder Adams fresh haircuts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment