Monday, August 20, 2018

August 20, 2018 - Big Cottonwood Stake

So to start things off, earlier this week, I was just sitting at my desk, reading from the Book of Mormon, and I looked up out the window, and watched Mitt Romney go on his run past our home. Welcome to Walker Lane, where the smallest house costs over a million dollars!

Here’s a run-down of the miracles from the week:
Monday, we met a guy named Gus who has lots questions. His questions are answered in perfect order through the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So we set up a return appointment! 
Wednesday, we had Daxton and Aidan's baptism! It was so awesome! I love these little guys so much! They are truly converted to their Savior Jesus Christ. We also had a guy use a loudspeaker thing on his truck to shout out to us to cheer us on! We also didn't have a dinner, stopped by to talk with a Bishop, and his wife, who is our mission cook, and they fed us. This was a miracle visit, because while we ate outside, we saw a guy ride by on his bike, and we shouted him down. He expressed his desire to find if God was real, and we immediately set up an appointment.
Thursday, we taught the guy we stopped on the bike, and he wants to be baptized! It was an absolute miracle! 
Friday, we had three lessons fall through in a row, and then we prayed, and the next guy we talked to told us he actually had just decided on his own he wanted to be baptized. We also met a Jewish lady who has lived in Utah for 8 years, and has wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but never got one. So, we gave her one. She said to give her a month to read it, and come back so we can talk more. 
Then, on Saturday, we knocked on a random door, and the guy answered. He told us that the night before he had prayed because he wanted to come to church. So, we gave him the information, and he is coming next week! 
On Sunday we had another new investigator (who preparing for baptism the 2nd week of September) come to church for the first time! It was great! 
I am so grateful to be serving the Lord. I love Him, I bear witness that He lives, and I love our brothers and sisters. 
Unfortunately, Elder Johnson is getting transferred, but I am excited to meet my new companion tomorrow! 
I love the pictures you sent, you all look so great! 
And I love you so much! -Elder Adams

Pics below- The baptism boys! Zone photo (we are loosing 4 to going home, and another 6 to new areas.) And Elder Mushet, my first district leader goes home on Aug 21st (tomorrow).


No comments:

Post a Comment