Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 18, 2019 - Rose Park Zone, SLC, UT

Good Morning!
The missionary contact changes are quite something. I 100% sustain them, and agree that it will bless loads of lives and families. I will for sure keep the emails coming, and think it would be cool to call every once and a while, I'll let you know before I do. But for Heidi's birthday, I will absolutely call that day! Another thought for it, when is spring break or other days the kids have Mondays off? That way everyone can be home. Also, I'm sure I'll call sometime to talk about college things as we need to discuss more whenever that may be….it will be really good. 

I too am very glad to have a Living Prophet on earth today. It alleviates so much confusion that others in this world deal with because they have no authority from God in their lives. I was so happy to see that picture of T and her new baby! My heart is so full of joy knowing that she is still so faithful in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and will be forever! I am grateful for the knowledge we share that our families can be together forever. 

This last week was a blast. Some weeks you are really tired all week, and this was one of those. Therefore, I had to rely more so on the Savior to sustain me, which allowed the Spirit to be at the helm. It was great. I had the opportunity to fast twice this week for specific missionaries and people they are teaching. I know that the Lord recognizes our sacrifices to come unto Him, and rewards us openly and bountifully. It was amazing to see miracles come to pass for the people we prayed and fasted for. My relationship with the Savior grew so much this week, and culminated with taking the Sacrament on Sunday. It was a powerful experience to renew the promises I have made at baptism and in the temple, and receive forgiveness and a clean slate. To be able to have this powerful, personal experiences, and then immediately go out and testify of Christ has been such an amazing experience. I know without a doubt that God wants us all to have these witnesses from the Holy Ghost that teach us of His love for us. That's why he has provided a Prophet. That's why we have the Book of Mormon. We are promised that if we act on these things we have received, and pray unto Our Father in Heaven, He will tell us the truth.

Some of those miracles we saw this week included:
We had a lesson on Saturday, and because of the unique knowledge of the guy we were teaching, we weren't sure what to teach. We went into the lesson hesitantly, but after we opened with prayer, our mouths were filled and it was an extremely powerful lessons. Sunday night we were trying to find someone new to teach. We were receiving a lot of rude answers and slammed doors. Finally, we visited some member guys to ask one about a classmate, and another guy had a friend over who we started talking to. She was not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but had met with missionaries previously. We talked about her experience, and should meet up with her again this week!
Another miracle was with our Tongan YSA ward. We have really felt that it has some potential, and just hasn't been worked enough in the past, so we are reaching out to them. Just in this week, we have heard discussion of almost a dozen names of people we could potentially began teaching in their community. The work is exploding!

On an exchange, the elder and I hopped on the Trax, and rode for 2 hours, talking to everyone that looked YSA. It was really fun, and cool to meet all kinds of people. We placed a few BOMs, and got some contact info for some people. 

The Tongan YSA ward is fun, and extremely spiritual. We ate with them this last week, and I am still full from the first dinner, plus all the other ones on top. It is a blast. 

I am grateful to be serving here, it was truly an inspired call and assignment.  
I love you loads Mom! Thanks for the random advice, it is always applicable!
I love you Dad! Ofa atu teti!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment