Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February 4, 2019 - Midvale, UT

February already! I can't believe it. Ha, ha I'm more excited to get the box from you all than I am to turn 20 on Saturday! We are stopping by the office later, I will confirm that I got it. I am grateful to be your kid. We see lots of examples as missionaries, not only for magnifying callings, but also parenting. Comparing the good and bad leads to random discussions of how we may parent. And to be completely honest, I'll say that I want to parent a certain way, and then realize that that is exactly how you and Dad raised us. Kind of funny to see, but makes me appreciate how much work and love you guys put into us kids. So thank you. I'm glad Fed-ex dropped me off. 😉
So, this week was a great last week here in the Holladay North and South Stakes! I have absolutely loved this are so much! But sadly, I am getting transferred. We went on two back-to-back 24 hour exchanges this week, with the assistants to the president, and one of our district leaders. It was amazing to have the opportunity to learn from both missionaries, to be able to teach and both be edified, and become better missionaries. I have known one of the elders for my whole mission, he came out just before me and I’ve always looked up to him, but we had never done an exchange together yet. It was amazing to see him in action, and to learn so much about how Christlike attributes effective missionary service. 
Elder Rhodes and I had a great weekend together. We had a baptism! Attilio is the coolest 9 yr old in the world, and he was so excited to be baptized he almost just dived into the font before the service started! It was a great way to finish off an amazing time in what might be my favorite area so far. I am excited to see what else the Lord has in store for me over these last 4 transfers. 
Love,
Elder Adams 

Tio's baptism pics:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment