Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August 1, 2017 - Missionary Training Center

Happy first of 24 month changes! That is so cool for Jarom, he'll be a great influence in Chile. Ty's should be soon, that is so exciting!
Oh man that is sooooooo awesome about the bus driver, you can bet he is in my prayers! I am so glad you could go to Nauvoo, it sounds as wonderful as always. The Spirit here is so strong too, and I'm excited to do my part in embracing the gospel and sharing it with everyone.

The new MTC, which consists mostly of classrooms and sacrament meeting  rooms, are open for our use. We actually spend most of our day in classes in one of those buildings. They are still giving tours, they end in a few weeks. My district was able to help with the open houses, which was a really neat experience. I didn't get to actually do it because I had to stay back with a sick elder. One more week of 9 hour class days and I am off to the field! It has been a really neat experience to start teaching people with my companion Elder Fitch. I love to feel the Holy Ghost testify to them of the truthfulness of the gospel. I love this church so much, and I am so grateful to be able to serve a mission. 

This last week, I have been able to have some really neat experiences in teaching lessons. One particular time, we went into a lesson with a plan to teach about how Jesus Christ's church came to be restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. But as we talked with the investigator, we felt that we should talk about the plan of salvation, God's plan for each of us to come back and live with Him again. The investigator really appreciated that message, and said that it helped her find out her purpose in life. I know that we were guided by the Holy Spirit to share those things with her.

As a not so fun side note, my whole district has been sick at some point over the last week, and I am taking up the rear, getting over it today.

Carson: I won't be able to email later in the week, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 16 is such great age to hit for a variety of reasons! You can date, you can drive, and then you can get a job or 3 and drive yourself there! Hope it is a great year full of memories and stories you'll share with me!

Pictures: Two of my favorite giant murals they have on each floor of the new buildings. 
An Elder Fitch and I selfie, and what the wall behind us says. Great scripture. It is what I am here to do.  (Matthew 28:19: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.")


No comments:

Post a Comment