Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1, 2018 - Murray, UT

Happy 2018 to all in Missouri! This year is going to be amazing, I am pumped I get to be a missionary every single day of it! Truly the world needs to know of the hope Jesus Christ can give. And the love and comfort faith in Him brings.

2017 has been incredible. I left behind the past, and dove into the future. Having the opportunity to serve a mission has been the greatest decision in my life. And I think it is and will be one of the most important parts of my entire life. So I have tried to do my best to make sure I am not wasting this time and opportunity I have been given. 

At a training last week our mission president suggested we spend 80% of our time out trying to serve and find people to teach, and 20% of our time just teaching. After some math of our last 2 weeks, one week we hit that perfectly. This last week we did not. We spent 95% of our time finding, and 5% teaching. What this means is that we have spent a lot of time knocking on doors and talking with every person within sight or sound of us. It has been a challenge, but it has been so much fun too. It has been fun to see how people react to the spirit when they feel it testifying of the truthfulness of the Gospel to them. We have tried to be guided by the Spirit in all we do. This has saved us from knocking on some houses that might have been a bad idea. But we have had some incredible experiences as well.

We were out one night, and it was about 7:45pm. We were walking past a dark house, and we felt very strongly we needed to knock. We did, and the mother opened the door and the first thing she said was, "Oh, you're an answer to prayers." Turns out she was an less-active member, but she and her husband needed some spiritual uplifting. I love how the Lord guides His work. Elder Larsen and I had no part in this except we got out of the way, and knocked on that dark house. 

Well, lots of fun coming up here in good ole' Murray, Utah! I have learned how important it is for us to help the missionaries, so please reach out and share with them families who could use the light and joy the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings! 

I love you all so much!
Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment